Parts Warranty Policy
Please note, all parts sold through this website carry a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty, whichever comes first at time of purchase. Also please note, that this warranty is offered and regulated solely through KIA USA, not through FactoryKiaPartsOnline or any personnel or companies associated with FactoryKiaPartsOnline.com. KIA USA dictates as to what and how a defective part qualifies as a warrantable item.
With this being said, please take note of the following if you feel that you have a defective part:
- All parts carry a limited 12 month 12,000 mile warranty that covers ONLY the purchased part, NO LABOR will be covered due to not being installed by a KIA dealer. If you did have a KIA dealer install the part, you will have to provide us proof of this installation with a copy of the receipt showing that the part was in fact installed by a KIA dealership. Once that information is provided we can then provide you with your receipt to show proof that you bought this part from an actual KIA dealership, then your KIA Dealership can warranty the part and labor out for you. We reserve the right to verify the facts of the install by either calling the Dealership or using other means to verify.
- Certain parts WILL require the consumer to take their vehicle to a KIA dealership to verify the part is defective. This is required by KIA on certain parts, that require certain diagnostic codes to be generated by KIA diagnostic equipment which creates a paper trail with KIA for the defective part in order for it to qualify for warranty. Without these diagnostic codes, it is not possible for us or any other KIA dealership to warranty out certain defective items. This could possibly mean the consumer might have to pay a diagnostic fee at whatever dealership he/she decides to take their vehicle to.
- Some of the parts that will require this type of diagnostics included but not limited to the following items:
- And more..
- Please note, that since we are a KIA dealership, you can take your part to any KIA dealer in the United States for warranty. All you will need from us is our actual receipt which we can provide you when you contact us. The packing slip is not the original invoice that will be needed.
- If any part is bought and sent out of the country (United States) the warranty will become void. Parts sold by KIA dealerships within the United States ONLY carry a warranty for vehicles bought and sold in the United States, and carry no warranty to any other KIA vehicles if they were never slated for sale in the U.S. by KIA. Your VIN will be required to warranty any part and if the VIN shows this vehicle was not a vehicle sold in the United States, than the warranty will be void on the part.
- Please keep this in mind. A part installed incorrectly that causes another part to fail or failure of purchased part that creates any other issues and or failures, does not qualify that the purchased part or any other failed part thereafter to be covered under KIA's warranty. KIA will only warranty the purchased defective part installed correctly and only defective (not damaged). Any other issues is not covered.
- In order to start the Warranty process, you need to provide us all of the following information:
- Mileage at time of install.
- Mileage at time of failure.
- VIN number of the vehicle the part was installed on.
- If the part was installed at a local repair facility we will need all receipts/repair orders for when the part was installed originally and when re-inspected due to failure we will need that receipt as well. These receipts must show the vehicle in questions VIN number along with the mileage at both, time of install and time of failure.
- If you choose to use your local KIA dealer to warranty the part out, which is your option since the warranty is backed by KIA USA, we will gladly provide you with a copy of your receipt that we generate here, which will prove to them that this part was in fact bought through a KIA dealership.
- In some instances getting your local KIA dealership to warranty the part will be a quicker process then the shipping time frame that will be required if warranted through us.
- If we are able to warranty the part out based on the above criteria then we will assist you in solving this issue.
- Please note that we are not the company that backs the warranty, KIA USA is the backer of the warranty. They dictate to us what qualifies and what doesn't qualify for warranty. If for any reason KIA denies the warranty then we are no longer liable for the warranty concern.
- Please understand that all shipping, and shipping related costs for parts sent back to us for any reason is the consumer's responsibility and not the responsibility of FactoryKiaPartsonline.
- Please understand we are here to help, so please call 631-268-0340, or email us email@example.com with your specific issue and we will try our best for a part resolution.